We decided Suva needed a Zoo. So we made one! It was a great two-day activity that kept A busy...and me too.
Here is the planning and painting stages. We used a cardboard box that had been cut down one of the corners and flattened. Then we gathered up all the random boxes and cartons I had been saving from an early garbage death and glued them down according to our mental blueprints.
Mr. A has so many plastic animals of varying sizes and colors that we were at no loss for filling up the cages with wild critters. It was fun to move them around and play zoo keeper, but not fun enough. The activity was abandoned quicker than I hoped, but I count the creation process as the real success.
(oh-we actually did this a few months ago, but never posted it...too busy playing.)